History Of The Salem Township Public Library
As early as January 12, 1861 there is recorded history of a movement to establish a library in Morrow, Ohio.
On March 21, 1884 the following appeared in the Morrow Tribune:
"SALEM TOWNSHIP PUBLIC LIBRARY INSTITUTED MARCH 1884"
"At the meeting of the Township Trustees, held last week Messers, J.L. Mounts, J.H. Ludlum and Warner Opes, were appointed trustees of the Township Library to be instituted with the funds for which a levy was made last June. The levy will be made annually, not exceeding one-tenth of one mill on the dollar valuation. The people of Salem Township will have a library that will be creditable and a pride to them. The newly appointed trustees will at once organize and take the steps necessary to bring the new enterprise into operation."
INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT SALEM TOWNSHIP PUBLIC LIBRARY
Salem Township Public Library Provides materials and services to over 34,000 residents of southeastern Warren County. (Salem Township, Hamilton Township, Harlan Township and the southern half of Washington Township.) (The boundaries established by the State Library Board on September 13, 1983, Resolution 83-14)
The Library located in the Morrow Shopping Plaza, houses a collection containing books, magazines, DVDs, CD's, audio books and local history materials. In addition programs for both children and adults are held. The library also provides access to OPLIN (Ohio Public Library Information Network) which is a state-funded program to provide all public libraries in the state with access to the internet and other electronic databases.